Prev: Re: new assault rifle was: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (l... Next: Re: Club100 ghurka's: request for final comments

Re: Tech Levels and Quality on the SGII end

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:17:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Tech Levels and Quality on the SGII end

Brendan,

More things inline:

Reloading times (Re-Org action - Q vs Leadership):
Ballista: 2 actions (minimum 3 crew)
Catapult: 3 actions (minimum 4 crew)
Trebuchet: 4 actions (minimum 5 crew)

Makes it useful to transfer actions (using a whip of course).

***LOL of course!

Forgot to add in aux grenade lauchers: +1 FP

***Works.....)

I have my moments of inspiration. :-)

***I've been kicking this idea around for a while and just gave up
on it temporarily in favor of other projects......Appreciate the help
moving this up from the back burner as we speak......)

Using the armor die difference as an open shift takes into account how
nasty
close combat can be without good armor or melee weapons.  A high tech
trooper (Blue) in no armor (d4) carrying a rifle is going to be in
trouble
against a noble (Orange) in full plate (d8) wielding a greatsword IF the
noble can get into range [1d6 vs 1d12].  Even against a squad of 4, the
noble has a good chance [4d8 vs 1d8 due to shifts].

***Another thought on the peasants, some of them over the course of
the campaign will no doubt partake in the time honored custom of looting
the fallen......) So by the end of a protracted campaign what started
out as
a unit of 40 pikemen ends up as 10 pikes, 20 bolt action rifles, and a
few
better
off. Makes for some very odd units in the last phases of the campaign.
This
of course is subject to what is available on the field etc.

Hmmm, I can see it now.
The young nobles' sons dressed in their full plate wielding Greek Fire
Throwers (flamers) charging forward behind their living shield of
crossbow
wielding peasants in modern combat armor supported by the only working
grav
tank (with laser cannon) on the continent.
Across the field the WWI era regular soldiers load their bolt action
rifles
and plasma SAWs and brace in the trenches as rock-throwing trebuchets
attempt to shoot down the grav tank.

***I can see it......lol I like it ......)

Don