Prev: Re: new assault rifle was: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: Adrian Reen-Shuler <saltpeanuts73@y...>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:17:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

Has anyone done a good Sci-fi version of Piquet?
I really like Piquet, but I really didn't like the
WWII version.

Another interesting example of a tech inferior force
winning is Napoleonic naval war between Britan and
France. For much of it, the French had better ship
designs (faster, heavier guns, etc.), but less
experienced crews and officers.

I don't know if anyone has read it, but the book Guns,
Germs and Steel has an excelent account of the effects
of technology on combat between the Spanish and the
Inca's. (and also the effects of being attacked by
something you really just don't understand).

-Adrian

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail