Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:41:59 +1000
Subject: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

G'day guys,

A question for those more learned in military history than I. What
battles can you name where a technologically inferior force has beaten a
force equipped with technologically superior equpipment? I don't know
much about modern history but I have the impression (may be erroneously)
that the Vietnamese vs the French for one and the Soviets beating the
Nazis for another probably fall into that basket (at least for parts of
the war). So for those cases where an inferior army has come out, has it
required particularly gifted leaders or specific terrain cirumstances
(like guerrilla fighting) to pull it off?

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: RE: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)