Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:33:29 +0200
Subject: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 03:59:09 -0700 (PDT), Robert Makowsky
<rmakowsky@yahoo.com> wrote:

> As for Antiquated being inferior in all aspects I
> agree.  The bolt action rifles of WW-II could shoot
> further than the engagement ranges of todays battle
> rifles.  So in certain circumstances they will be
> better.

Ah, but for many of those applications we have superior technology in
those applications.

For instance, compare a bolt-action sniper rifle of WWII to a modern
weapon like the M-21.  Better ammo, better optics, synthetic stock
which is less likely to be affected by weather, etc.

John

Prev: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long) Next: Re: Tech Levels and Quality was Re: DS3 design (long)