Prev: RE: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System Next: Club100 ghurka's URL

RE: Who wants more club100 ghurka's?

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian@s...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:33:42 -0400
Subject: RE: Who wants more club100 ghurka's?

>Yup, I would have thought that the current kneeling figures (SGA66,
>SGA70) could be used as the mortar crew with the L7A3 replaced by a
>mortar round and the comms unit remodelled slightly to a "fire control"
>unit.

that would be cool.  simple to produce too...

the existing NAC mortar itself would be just fine.

>> What about:
>> - mortar set: NAC mortar, 2 crew and 1 observer
>
>I'd have 4 sets - I might go really wild and have 6, anyone know how
>many mortars are in current light infantry mortar sections?

I could see buying 3 mortar sets, though I don't see the need for an
observer figure.  If we could produce a mortar set by just having 2 mods
of
existing figures (as Chris suggested) and including the *existing* NAC
mortar, that would be excellent.  And then we're only looking at 2 new
figures... (for that set).

>> - hvy weapons set: 4 different hvy weapons, no observer
>
>I'd have 4 or 8 sets depending on the sets and I might buy some more
>existing Ghurkas and use my bits box to create assistant gunners and
the
>like

This would be good also - depending on what weapons are actually
produced.
I converted my own GMS-armed models, and the shoulder-fired IAVR figure
would make for a *simple* GMS figure (simple in terms of converting an
existing model).

What other heavy weapons are being considered?

>> - the prone set
>
>Not really interested in itself, only as another way of getting hvy
>weapons

I have to admit, I'm not much interested in prone riflemen per se - I'd
like to get my hands on a prone sniper or two (and would buy a set of 4
figures if that was how to get snipers) but all the rest of my Gurkhas
are
"up and moving" and I don't really want to add prone figures to the
existing sections.

Frits - for those of us who managed to NOT bookmark, it would be helpful
if
you reposted the website URL...  thanks!

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: RE: Looking 4 feedback on FT Weapon System Next: Club100 ghurka's URL