Prev: Re: Who wants more club100 ghurka's? Next: Entirely OT: Sea Wolf missiles

RE: Who wants more club100 ghurka's?

From: "Christopher Downes-Ward" <Christopher_Downes-Ward@a...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:41:46 +0100
Subject: RE: Who wants more club100 ghurka's?

<snip>

> It is not my intention to have too many obervers. Or any other figure
> for that matter. That would make the whole thing unattractive.
Sorry I really meant I would take a lot of observers not that I wanted
lots of different observer variants

> > IIRC the NAC mortar team is 1 mortar and 2 crew as three sculpts.
> Ok, so the mortar crew could (with a bit of luck) be done as variants
> of existing figures?

Yup, I would have thought that the current kneeling figures (SGA66,
SGA70) could be used as the mortar crew with the L7A3 replaced by a
mortar round and the comms unit remodelled slightly to a "fire control"
unit.

> What about:
> - mortar set: NAC mortar, 2 crew and 1 observer

I'd have 4 sets - I might go really wild and have 6, anyone know how
many mortars are in current light infantry mortar sections?

> - hvy weapons set: 4 different hvy weapons, no observer

I'd have 4 or 8 sets depending on the sets and I might buy some more
existing Ghurkas and use my bits box to create assistant gunners and the
like

> - the prone set

Not really interested in itself, only as another way of getting hvy
weapons

> If you just want to fill in some gaps in your current ghurka force and
> don't want everything, which set would you prefer?

See above

> I want to avoid listing individual figures at Eureka, but I think this
> might still be a possibility for variants of existing
> figures. However, this invites 'pick and choose' which might lead to
> nothing reaching the limit.
>
> Frits
> --
> Frits Kuijlman				      frits2@cistron.nl
> Delft, The Netherlands

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com

Prev: Re: Who wants more club100 ghurka's? Next: Entirely OT: Sea Wolf missiles