Prev: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed Next: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed

Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:43:10 +0100
Subject: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed

Dances With Rocks wrote:

>Recently I acquired a squad of 15mm Gurkhas from Jon in a recent order
>I placed with him (back during the sale). Exquisitely detailed!

With you there, Indy - some of the best 15s I've seen. Mine will see
service as South African infantry.

>I finally
>settled on a color scheme to painting them in and primed 'em up. The
priming
>was an average prime coat, the Gurkhas along with the many other minis
>had. Wasn't worried.
>
>Until I actually picked them up to start painting, and held them under
>the desk magnifying glass (yeah, I use one of those things; easier for
>my eyes to deal with look without :-P ). As I was painting the base
color
>on, I began to labor under the growing realization I will never EVER be
>able to do justice to these minis. I was even embarassed by simply
priming
>them! If I were as good as Stuart Murray or my brother, I think I'd
have
>a chance. But with my amazingly under average painting skills...I am
>embarassed. The minis are too good for my meager skills to ply a
>paintbrush upon.
>
>And no, none of you can have any of them, and yes, I applied said
>paintbrush to them, anyway. :-P :-)  I can only hope that someone
>else somewhere has a set of these and has a painting to do the
>minis justice. And will be able to show photos.
>
>Man, I knew I sucked at painting before, but these make me look
>REAL bad!  :-0 ;-)

Come on, it can't be all that bad ! Anyway, the Great Dice God isn't
judgmental when it comes to paint jobs (and, rumour has it, your dice
couldn't get any worse anyway ;-) )

>Now I wait for Jon to get the second squad sculpted and produced,
>which will, of course, include a sniper Gurkha and a Gurkha or two
>with their Khukuri out...right, Jon?  ;-) ;-) ;-)

We can hope !

Tony

Prev: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed Next: Re: 15mm Gurkhas - I am embarassed