Prev: RE: Scratchbuild Qs Next: Re: [SG2] Heroic SG

Re: [SG2] Heroic SG

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian@s...>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:20:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG2] Heroic SG

This is certainly one way to work it.

Another, similar, would be to put abilities on cards - kind of like the
Carnage Con Queso "cheese" cards that we've used at GZG-ECC a few times
-
but without the silliness.

You could give the hero some "generic, use all the time" abilities (1 or
2)
to create, as outlined below, a tough guy or a shooter or whatever, and
then give them a few "specific, one time use" special event cards that
allow for something really "heroic" to happen, but only once (to avoid
unbalancing the game or making it silly or turning it into a one-model
show
or whatever).

Also, with one-time use cards, you could incorporate things that don't
fall
within the normal rules, and not have to worry about constantly figuring
out the effects of that special ability in terms of how it interacts or
balances with other rules, etc.  You put all the details on the card,
and
for the one action that the card takes place, it supercedes other rules
that might conflict.  But only ONCE, thereby not driving the other
players
crazy...

-Adrian

>I see heroes as having varying abilities.  Perhaps making a list of
speci=
>al abilities to choose 1 or 2 from could add some individuality to
you're=
> particular character.
>
>Some possibilities:
>
>Sharp shooter
>Tough guy
>Enhanced leadership skills
>Martial Arts
>Tactical genious

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: RE: Scratchbuild Qs Next: Re: [SG2] Heroic SG