Prev: Re: Ground Zero Games Fanzine Next: Re: new FT page--mine!

Re: new FT page--mine!

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:15:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: new FT page--mine!

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Mark & Staci Drake wrote:

> Finally went ahead and started my own wargaming webpage.
>
> http://www.freewebs.com/heavymetaldrake/fullthrust.htm
>
> First attempt at webpage,so any constructive feedback is welcome.

The W3C's HTML Validator (plus a good HTML book) is your friend:

http://validator.w3.org/

The page does work in Win98 with Opera 7.11, so the following is just
details...

Some of my pet HTML/CSS peeves: You've got a stylesheet (great!), but
you're also using the HTML 'FONT' tag. Why? CSS gives much, much more
control over font styling, and is more streamlined than FONT.

Animated backgrounds? It's more distracting than decorative, I'd say.

I'll just 'ditto' Laserlight's comments about .doc - turn them into HTML
files, so people can read them without downloading stuff. Likewise the
graphics - can jpg images be used instead of .doc?

Which HTML editor are you using?

For a good HTML book, I like PeachPit Press's series; O'Reilly is great
but more technical.

Just an interested amateur,

Brian
http://www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: Re: Ground Zero Games Fanzine Next: Re: new FT page--mine!