Prev: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry Next: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry

RE: DS3 weapons was RE: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:35:00 +0200
Subject: RE: DS3 weapons was RE: (DS): Systems per Class

Jared Hilal wrote:

 >>http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/199903/msg00351.html
 >
 >>It was actually posted by JonT as "Dirtside Accelerator".
 >
 >This is the missing idea that we needed!
 >
 >We kicked it around this weekend, and we are going to use a range of
 >Armor Die types, but we are going to take the next step too; since we
 >use the SG2 range of base die types (up to d12x2), we are going to do
 >the same for armor.
 >
 >I.e. for normal vehicles, the top of the scale will be d12, but
 >special, setting specific, units will have a x2 multiplier.

Applying a x2 multiplier to the Armour *die type* is equivalent to
applying
the same x2 multiplier to the Armour *rating* - so what you're really
doing
with this x2 multiplier is to allow armour ratings higher than 5 :-)
(Which
is of course a Good Thing, and something I've argued for for years.)

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry Next: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry