Prev: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom Next: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom

RE: New to the list

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian@s...>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 02:15:41 -0400
Subject: RE: New to the list

Welcome to the list!

>>Secondly, I'm looking to buy the Stargrunt rules.  Anyone have any
>suggestions as to a simple scenario for an initial gaming experience -
and
>what miniatures would I need to buy as an initial minimum for some
>interesting gameplay?
>
>http://www.stargrunt.ca/toe/sg2_toe_basics/sg2_toe_basics.htm (note
that
>it's stargrunt.CA, not .COM) has an article on a "TO&E for beginners".
You
>could put two squads in position and cover, defending, vs five squads
>attacking; or you could have three squads on each side in a meeting
battle.

The Stargrunt II rulebook has several simple scenarios in the back - I
learned how to play with those.

A "meeting engagement" is the most common (and simplest) scenario for
beginners;  if you want to learn the rules, keep it simple, keep the
forces
roughly the same, and give them the same objective.  That'll do for a
game
or two, then you can get more creative.

I have pics and a writeup of another scenario posted here, once you're a
bit more advanced (and if you're interested in vehicles):

http://www.stargrunt.ca/gallery_modeling/sg2_gal_convoy/sg2_gal_convoy_m
ain.
htm

And, BTW, www.stargrunt.COM will work just fine - I registered that
domain
name also when it became available, so www.stargrunt.ca and
www.stargrunt.com are interchangable.

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom Next: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom