Prev: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom Re: FMA Sheep III: Pirate Sheeps of the Zombiezi Next: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom

[OT] Regional Idiom

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:12:12 -0400
Subject: [OT] Regional Idiom

>Back in college an online debate over "soda" vs. "pop" lasted years and
>threatened to crash the servers.

 To wrench this back onto topic, I was thinking about Brother Jedidiah
Quesinberry, who definitely has his own distinctive Appalachian idiom
and
would have appeared in FMA Sheep I if any such event had ever happened
(which it didn't).  This in turn brought to mind all those Yet Another
Confederate States In Space clones.  We sometimes see FT ships for them,
but I don't recall seeing any SG organizations for them.
 So let's assume a population of deer/possum/coon hunters and wannabe
Winston Cup drivers, and add reverence for General Robert E Lee, JEB
Stuart, Stonewall Jackson, and Moseby's Raiders.  Mix in a touch of
desire
to be different from the NAC and former US.  What do you get?

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom Re: FMA Sheep III: Pirate Sheeps of the Zombiezi Next: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom