Prev: Re: FMA Sheep III: Pirate Sheeps of the Zombiezi Next: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom Re: FMA Sheep III: Pirate Sheeps of the Zombiezi

[OT] Regional Idiom Re: FMA Sheep III: Pirate Sheeps of the Zombiezi

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 07:55:41 -0500
Subject: [OT] Regional Idiom Re: FMA Sheep III: Pirate Sheeps of the Zombiezi

Indy wrote on 09/01/2004 07:20:39 AM:
> Brian Burger wrote:
> [...]
> > Brian.
> > [1] I'd have written 'coke', but in a sinus/nose context that might
have
> > been badly, badly misunderstood...
>
> Could always go with one of the generic words like "soda"
>
> Mk

Here in the USA heartland, we say 'pop', and are shunned by the rest of
the
country for it. Make it 'soda pop'.

However, while in Georgia, I was asked by my cousin if I 'wanted a
Coke'. I
said sure, and she asked me if I wanted generic root beer or lemon-lime.
Seems being so close to Coca-Cola's international hdqrs means that Coke
is
synonomous with carbonated soft drinks...

The_Beast