Prev: Re: RE: [OT]Aussie Colours Explained Next: Re: RE: [OT]Aussie Colours Explained

Re: Warhammer Ancients (was re: Got back from GENCON)

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:11:39 +1000
Subject: Re: Warhammer Ancients (was re: Got back from GENCON)

From: "Michael Llaneza" <maserati@speakeasy.net>

> >As opposed to, say Warhammer(tm) Ancients, or Warhammer(tm)
Napoleonic...
> >See http://www.warhammer-historical.com/books.htm
> >
> Just to amplify the point, the founders of GW were big into
historicals;

Yes, so Jervis Johnson in particular has told me. If you read
Epic:Armageddon,
the WW2 Influence is obvious.

> Incidentally, I'm technically in the WH40K:Dawn of War beta (PC game).

Congrats, that will no doubt improve the content, and no, I'm being
serious,
not sarcastic. The more input people who are into historical simulations
as opposed to Munchkin gamers have, the better.

OK, time to fess up:
I have a minor credit in Epic:Armageddon, and an even more minor credit
in "Munchkin 3: Clerical Errors" so am in no position to talk...

And in PC games, one in "Europe Ablaze" that should really be for
"Carriers
at War".

Prev: Re: RE: [OT]Aussie Colours Explained Next: Re: RE: [OT]Aussie Colours Explained