Prev: Re: [sfconsim-l] NYT Article on simulation Next: Full Thrust gamebox and Campaign File...

Re: Got back from GENCON

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:27:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Got back from GENCON

Hi, Scott. Hope you had a great time!

***
The owners of GENCON were making every effort at a
profit with convention passes going at $70 for four
days or $27 per day and event tickets going for
between $1.50 to up to $13.50. Many of the lectures
and tha anime theater were free.
***

Either my memory from last year is whack, or I chose the right time,
after
eight years in a row, to stay home! However, I suspect you didn't see
ALL
the event tickets. I'm pretty sure they still have some LARPs going for
$20
or more.

The big question, and I'm sure others will have plenty of comments: Was
the
miniatures game room worth the trip?

Having lost mine, a friend just gave me another of the yellow 'I found
the
miniatures room at GenCon '98' buttons. And, each year thereafter,
someone
said, 'wait til next year.'

***
..."A Call to Arms". The ships were of a good
quality and detail. The rules were designed for
fleet actions and were much simpler then the Babylon
5 or fleet action rules.
***

I saw the Excalibur at Origins, and hope to be getting one soon, but
wasn't
sure we'd be seeing the ruleset. Well, my friend with the game shop
should
be seeing them soon enough. ;->=

Thanks, Scott!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [sfconsim-l] NYT Article on simulation Next: Full Thrust gamebox and Campaign File...