Prev: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:45 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

Indy wrote:

>into resin, but I can speak for a couple of their 15mm vehicle
>models (specifically the Kochte MBT and Thor MBT). I have both the
>older full-metal versions and at least one of each of the newer resin
>hull versions. With the exception of a couple small air pockets in one
>of the resin hulls, the detail is virtually identical to that of the
>metal hulls.

I'm of the mind that the resin ones are actually better - the corners
are sharper in resin, metal castings are always slightly rounded off.
The air pockets are inevitable in resin castings (unless you have the
super-expensive casting kit of outfits like Forge World) but I think
ours are kept to an acceptable minimum.

>However, I do have to say that I am kinda partial to plunking down
>a heavy metal hull on the table before my opponents. ;-)

I can understand this :-)

Prev: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'