Prev: Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

[OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:01:51 -0500
Subject: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

***
One of the reasons we've switched some of our larger models to resin -
weighs next to nothing compared to the metal versions (and the castings
are better too !)
***

Do you really find that much difference in weight, Tony?

A really big item like the NSL SDN, which is cast in semi-hollow pieces
in
metal would tend to be cast in solid in resin. For a fairly flat item,
which would tend to be moulded solid anyway, yes, I can see it could be
impressive.

Casting are better too...

Hmm, don't know enough to comment.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: [OT] Castings weight Re: Plastic 'flight stands'