Prev: Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

From: "Star Ranger" <dean@s...>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:39:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Plastic 'flight stands'

> I find the various kinds of plastic flight stands for star ships, VSF
> ships and (potentially) GRAV/VTOL figures to a lesser degree are
unstable
> (larger figures regularly can be tipped over by contact.)
>
> Short of replacing them with metal stands what do you do to prevent
this?
>  I can see filling the bases with something (but what material?) or
> gluing them to metal washers (would this be sufficient?) but if anyone
> has an alternate idea please speak up.

For the domed plastic hex bases, I use a couple of 7/8 inch outside
diameter
fender washers in the cavity of the base.  It does a good job of
lowering
the center of gravity.

For the plastic slotted hex bases with the T post, I use some small lead
shot glued into the shallow cavity of the base. It does help make the
minis
more stable.

If the mini is still tippy, I mount a 1 1/4 inch fender washer below the
hex
base for more weight and a larger footprint.

For the GW style flat circle bases, I don't use them but others have
used
multiple fender washers.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: Plastic 'flight stands' Next: Re: Plastic 'flight stands'