Prev: Re: Facing was: Well, too interesting Next: Re: Would like FeedBack on these 2 FT systems

WRG rules was: Facing

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:16:59 +0200
Subject: WRG rules was: Facing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

> >Have a look at the WRG rules for AP - they took actual combat
results,
> >then came up with the simplest method that resembled the reality.
They
> >seem overly simplistic, but the results they give are more accurate
than
> >more complex systems.
>
> Yep. The WRG AP rules *seem* overly simplistic, so many players
spurned
> them because "rules this simple can't possibly be *real*istic"... :-(

Indeed, I find the WRG WWII/Modern rules quite well-researched. Whenever
need to know something about WWII/Modern(as far as their period goes)
data,
they are the first thing I look at to get a ballpark figure. A very
handy
reference work, and they cover aspects a lot of newer rules don't. It is
pity they have rather declined in popularity.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Facing was: Well, too interesting Next: Re: Would like FeedBack on these 2 FT systems