Prev: OT: Damned Wizkids! Next: Re: ECC

[OT] Websites, CSS & stuff

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [OT] Websites, CSS & stuff

Regular visitors to my website might have noticed the gradual move to
CSS2-based web design there; layout first, and now more CSS replacement
of
FONT tag stuff and even some graphics.

One cool side effect: My HTML files are getting smaller. One large file
has gone from 25Kb pre-CSS down to less than 19Kb w/ CSS replacing one
very common tag! 25% reduction = 25% faster loading = more available
bandwidth... (given that the whole stylesheet for my site is 4Kb, this
one
reduction is larger than the whole stylesheet!)

Cascading Style Sheets, the SlimFast Plan for webpages!

Plus, CSS pages look cooler...

--
Brian.
http://warbard.port5.com/games.html