Prev: Re: 15mm artillery pieces - source of? Next: Re: 15mm artillery pieces - source of?

[DS] Fast movers

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:39:34 +0200
Subject: [DS] Fast movers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian B" <greywanderer987@yahoo.com>

> We're speaking specifically about the Direct Fire
> Weapons already in the game:	MDC, HKP, HVC, HEL, and
> DFFG.  Of those 5, I can't see why any of them should
> not be able to engage an air target as slow-moving as
> a VTOL.

Or indeed, most present-day ground attack planes at a longer range.

On the other hand, looming on the horizon of speculative aeronautical
magazine articles are extremely fast-moving air craft or missiles (Mach
5,
Mach 10 or more) on which active research is being done. Allegedly, they
would be impossible to bring down with conventional weaponry (presumaby
lasers would still be able to do it).

Would be nice if DS II gave them a place.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: 15mm artillery pieces - source of? Next: Re: 15mm artillery pieces - source of?