Prev: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread... Next: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

[List] Repeat posts? Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:58:13 -0500
Subject: [List] Repeat posts? Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

Just saw two repeats of Oerjan's last posts on this subject, in reply to
Tony and Indy. If it's just Oerjan making sure something got through he
hadn't seen out of the server back to himself, understood, but the
repeats
seem to have picked up about an extra 4.5K of bulk, if that's
interesting
to the list master.

While I kvetch, we're seeing quite a bit of repeat points in posts;
given
the lag that can happen within threads, if you reply to each post
individually, even if they make the same point, it starts looking like a
ponzi scheme.

DO NOT STOP POSTING OR MAKING POINTS! However, occasionally, try to
group
replies, snip extra verbage, and try to keep sheer volume down. And
don't
forget to correct subjects on occasion when thread drift happens. We've
already had people admit so snowed by e-mail volume they are 'tossing
babies with bath water'.

I ain't Miss Manners, I just play her on parts of the internet...

The_Beast