Prev: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread... Next: Re: astbase1.jpg

Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:09:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

--- Tony Francis <tony@brigademodels.co.uk> wrote:

> Why not stick with the current idea (vehicle is
> designed with a single
> armour value)

Because, as you admit later, it limits the variety of
designs possible.

 Less flexibility in design
> admittedly, but then DS2 is a
> higher level game - it should be about grand tactics
> rather than
> micro-managing the last cm of beryllium armour.

Funny, I thought it was about providing a generic
system for recreating Science Fiction combat in any
number of backgrounds.	And as soon as you put
preconceived limits on rations of armor, or any
system, you are going to start shunning certain
backgrounds that don't fit those preconceived (and
therefore NON-GENERIC) limitations.

I've
> only skimmed
> through some of the posts on this (came back to 500
> e-mails yesterday
> morning) but it seems that most gamers would design
> their vehicles with
> high front armour and much weaker sides and rear, so
> this probably won't
> make much difference to most designs.

It might not make much of a difference in MOST cases.
That's not the point.  The point is, if the limit is
left in place, you'll never know WHAT designs people
might have designed, because they'll be handcuffed to
the limits of the rule.

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://messenger.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread... Next: Re: astbase1.jpg