Prev: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in thisthread... Next: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in thisthread...

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:28:37 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in thisthread...

Hi Indy,

See below.

>> - Having bigger front armor value will make the vehicule harder to
destroy,
>> thus making the game last longer.
>
> Now *that* I can see being a factor in making games longer (and at the
same
> time I think would force players to maneuver more to try to get side
shots
> if at all possible, use terrain more in order to move to get those
side
> shots AND/OR to keep fronts to the enemy, etc).
>
>> Personnaly, I like the lenght of game that DS2 gives. The current
armor
>> rule may not reflect reality but are good for the game itself.
>
> I'm interested in playing with adjusted armour rules. I just haven't
had
> time to come up with a scheme to determine a way to do it fairly in
the
> current design system. :-/  [I say, waiting for Oerjan to do this,
since
> he is so much better equipped to do so ;-) ]
>
> Mk

So a quick and dirty solution would be allow a vehicle to increase
frontal
armor to up to double its size value, at a cost of an additional 40% per

AP.  The APs count ONLY towards the front.  And yes, you're paying twice

what you do for a normal armor point.  Adjustments for reactive/ablative

are applied normally on top of the additional armor cost.

This won't give you an 8/2/1 M1, but it will allow you to have a 6/2/1
M1
assuming that the M1 is size 3.

John