Prev: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread... Next: Various armor levels for the sides - RE: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:20:22 +0100
Subject: Re: Well, too interesting to drop all of the posts in this thread...

Yves Lefebvre wrote:

>>>all

>>>Sure, although this slightly complicates angle of
>>>attack since you now
>>>have at least three values (top being only relevant
>>>for top attacking
>>>systems.)
>>>

>>Actually, 6 values:  front, rear, top, bottom, and
>>sides.

Why not stick with the current idea (vehicle is designed with a single
armour value) but change the way that side and rear armour is derived to

reflect current design trends ? Instead of side armour being (main
armour - 1), just say that vehicles with front armour 4 or 5 have side
armour of 2 and rear of 1, vehicles with front armour of 1-3 have side
and rear of 1. Less flexibility in design admittedly, but then DS2 is a
higher level game - it should be about grand tactics rather than
micro-managing the last cm of beryllium armour. I've only skimmed
through some of the posts on this (came back to 500 e-mails yesterday
morning) but it seems that most gamers would design their vehicles with
high front armour and much weaker sides and rear, so this probably won't

make much difference to most designs.

Just a thought

Tony