Prev: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: Philosophy/Design of SF War Games was Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:48:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [List] Cherished resources Re: (DS): Systems per Class

On Monday, July 26, 2004, at 09:21  AM, Allan Goodall wrote:

> I agree that it's not what everyone wants. However, a lot of people
> play
> GZG games because they are "more realistic" than Warty 40, and the
> majority of sci-fi games on the market. Otherwise you wouldn't see
> "realism" creeping in on PSB arguments as much as it does.

I'm in the "more realism" camp myself.	More realism is different than
realistic though...I can't imagine the types of killing tools that will
be available to soldiers 100 years from now.  I can imagine small scale
conventional conflicts being over with very quickly -- from a gaming
standpoint what fun is that?

Damo