Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Military versus civilian physicians was Re: [OT] I need a reality check

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:49:48 PDT
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:07:18 +0100 Samuel Penn <sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk>
writes:
<snip>
>All else being equal. Lack of men and support could really
>reduce the effectiveness of a high tech unit. High tech often
>requires a *lot* of support, from high grade fuel to accurately
>engineered bullets.

Then you have a short but intense (they really hate you now) period
where
you dominate then the levels are no longer much different (and
approximate rapidly.)

>Orders may also compromise the effectiveness of troops. Maybe
>a small unit has been put down on a planet (they were the only
>force available) to suppress a rebellion by the natives. But
>they absolutely musn't cause a bloodbath. They need to win while
>causing a minimum of casualties.

Outside the mechanics of level though.

>These are all special cases however.
>
>--
>Be seeing you, 			    http://www.glendale.org.uk/
>Sam.					 jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org

Remind me not to get caught in those special circumstances <grin>
please.
 They sound familiar.  Sounds like a mid-60's to 70's thing.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Military versus civilian physicians was Re: [OT] I need a reality check