Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: RE: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:31:41 -0400
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

> >   SG and DS claim to be SF games, but you can't do with them
things
> >that present-day troops can do (eg laser-designation for artillery
/
> >missiles).

Glen rebuts:
> And won't be doing with a  H. S. Calliope on the table!

You may not be getting rounds through, but there's a difference
between "I'll lob some rounds over that way and hope they land in the
right general area, and please God not on my own guys", vs "I'll drop
a round on those four tanks and hope I can get through their point
defenses."

(The first time I used artillery in SG2, IIRC I killed wounded enemy,
the neutral medevac chopper, and two squads of my own).

> Agreed but D14, D16 and D18 aren't common yet...  Maybe a Percentile
die
> system?

That would be changing the mechanics, which in a perfect world we
wouldn't have to do.

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: RE: (DS): Systems per Class