Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

[SG 2} AGLs

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:18:28 PDT
Subject: [SG 2} AGLs

On Page 34 under Support Weapons:

I am looking to put a wrinkle in one TO&E for my Cotu games and I was
wondering if anyone else was using the AGL in a Squad as a support
weapon.  Since it's a Support Weapon (beside the SAWs, IAVR and IPG)
instead of a Heavy Weapon  I had assumed it was a one man weapon
(belt/clip fed) and not a 2+ crew served weapon.  Someone has challenged
that assumption.  Not that it will stop me but I was wondering if I need
some PSB ("They are 10-15 mm grenades instead of 20-25 mm crew served
AGL
grenades") or if others see that as an individual (possibly a chore to
carry) weapon the same as a SAW.

Changing subject:  Saw the thread from the archives (still have computer
problems but a hardware guru (Terry) is working on that problem - John
Lerchey I got your disk but will return it since Terry has taken my
ailing machine to his basement to beat it into submission and possibly
upgrade to Win98 from Win95 since he salvaged another computer that was
to be turned into land fill) about FMA enhancement for DS 2 and liked
what I saw.  Nice to get GMS/P into DS 2 if I go that route since I have
it as a support weapon in 1/3 of my squads for one power - still doesn't
have a use against infantry alas so I armed that guy with a SAW when
they
go on patrol outside the APC (weapons are in the APc when mounted and
must select one of the other when dismounts - defaults to SAW unless
enemy armor is on the board and the unit can see it.  untested option
is:
Changing weapons requires squad within 1 inch of APC and burns an action
- so I don't see it happening often.

gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class