Prev: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort Next: Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:02:18 +0000
Subject: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

>From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@webone.com.au>
>To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort
>Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:04:44 +1000
>
>From: "John C" <john1x@hotmail.com>
>
> > I been silent for a while -- with good reason, mind! -- but I've got
> > question and I need the input of other Brains.
>
>I guess my name qualifies me then.
>
>RECOMMENDED READING :
>A Colder War (the Nevellette) available to read free online at
>http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/colderwar.htm

Just finished this 'un.

>RECOMMENDED LISTENING/VIEWING :
>A Shoggoth On The Roof
>http://www.cthulhulives.org/Shoggoth/

"Byakhee, byakhee, fly me through space...."

Check out the group Darkest Of the Hillside Thickets, if you haven't
already.  "Shoggoths away!"

[Snippage of many useful ideas]

>One scenario : Yugo vs Migo.
>
>Car Wars-style sub-compacts race out to battle spawn of Cthulhu...
>I have some old GW stuff (armed civilian vehicles) that would work for
>that.
>
>Talking about Old GW stuff, some of the OOP Toad figurines from
Talisman
>would work as Microbus-sized Batrachians. I also have some Giant Frogs
>of a similar size which are still in production, AFAIK.

Reaper has some nice ones, actually.  And I have a lot of 1/300 scale
Car
Wars style vehicles.  Official Car Wars stuff, some GW thingies, and
some
really nice ones from a now-dead company called "Dark Horse Miniatures".

Plus, some really nice Z-Scale lead cars from some model RR company.

>Hope this helps.

Oh, it does, it does!

  John Crimmins

Prev: Re: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort Next: Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics