Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry

Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:58:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [Paper Models] More 15mm pics

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Germy wrote:

> >Wow, great designs!	Looks like the tank barrels are giving you some
trouble.  The truck / apc is really nice.  I'd >be able to use it as is.

> With the tank barrels I'm trying to avoid getting people to use
drinking straws.
> Although I might end up trying that.

Regular drinking straws as weapon barrels in 15mm would be HUGE - 18
inches or more across, roughly.

Folding small enough barrels to look 'realistic' might not be possible
w/
paper/cardstock... maybe design the models to use toothpicks or QTip
shafts as main-gun barrels? It does mean that people have to scrounge
additional supplies as well as print the paper parts out, but might be
the
only way to get thin enough & strong enough barrels...

Brian.
http://warbard.port5.com/games.html

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: Full Thrust "House Rules", was Re: [FT] Kravak weaponry