Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

RE: [OT] I need a reality check

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [OT] I need a reality check

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Thanks guys. I had thought of the reconstructive surgery side of it
> but wasn't so sure how much that would involve chests given the vests
> etc worn today.

I have been led to uderstand that the
shock-wave/blast-effect/overpressure causes extensive soft tissue
damage, even if body armor prevents penetration traumas by fragments
and other debris.

Israeli doctors claim to be able to tell how large a blast was and how
close to it a given patient was by looking at damage to lungs and other
organs caused by the pressure.

Prev: Re: [OT] I need a reality check Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class