Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort

Re: [OT] I need a reality check

From: "Robin Fitton" <contactrobin@h...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:35:31 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

So you could knock yourself out? Or at least your enemies with a giant
frontal assault. Anyone seen Woody Allen’s - Everything you need to know

about sex (but were afraid to ask)?

That has one giant deadly mammary gland at the end of the film.  I am
surprised no one has used it in a tabletop game.

>From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: Re: [OT] I need a reality check
>Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:26:26 PDT
>
>Aw, the media.  Since there main goal is making money by entertainment
>(although they claim it's reporting news) they always manage to spin it
>to get attention to aspects that titillate, excite, offend, and stir
the
>proverbial waste matter.  The logical reality has already been posted.
>But let me say this about odd aspects of the military.  It's long been
>recognized that a vital  rule exists in the military.	If it's odd
>sounding but it works then it's not stupid.   If things help entice
>intelligent and trainable young people to enlist in the military then
>from a military sense they work.  If it gives people skills they will
>need to obtain success in military goals (while being transferrable to
>civilian life is a bonus)  then it works.  Anything that allows people
>recover from the horrors of war in some degree is something that
'works'
>in a military/societal  sense.
>
>But it does make a great article to use in a game or game fluff.
>
>Gracias,
>glenn
>

>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:44:47 +1000 <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> writes:
> >G'day guys,
> >
> >As part of future history fluff I tend to collect odd ball news
> >reports so I can one day do the kind of media ad-libbing Indy does
for
> >the GZG verse. In this vein I just came across the following, can
> >anyone comment as to how real this is or has the ABC (and its
sources)
> >gone completely off the rails media style this time round?
> >
> >"Bigger breasts offered as perk to US soldiers
> >
> >The United States Army has long lured recruits with the slogan "Be
All
> >You Can Be" but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic
> >surgery, including breast enlargements, on taxpayers' money.
> >
> >The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26 edition that members
of
> >all four branches of the US military can get face-lifts, breast
> >enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free - something the
> >military says helps surgeons practice their skills.
> >
> >"Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr Bob Lyons, chief of
plastic
> >surgery at the Brooke Army Medical Centre in San Antonio told the
> >magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding
> >officers to get the time off.
> >
> >Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast
> >enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their
> >dependents, the magazine said.
> >
> >The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have
> >to have someone to practice on".
> >
> >--Reuters"
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Beth

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

www.rottenlead.com

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: RE: [DSII] Aeons of the Stranger Sort