Prev: (DS): Was Systems per Class Next: RE: DS3 weapons was RE: (DS): Systems per Class

DS3 weapons was RE: (DS): Systems per Class

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: DS3 weapons was RE: (DS): Systems per Class

--- "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:
> If you check the archives, OO did post some of the draft DS3
> conversions for weapon damage last year he had calculated out.
>
> That's the major selling point of all GZG's product; you can easily
> modify it to most genres and it won't break down.

What should I search for?  I looked at everything under DS, DSIII, DS3,
weapon converion, and even tried Oerjan:author.  Are you sure it was to
the regular list and not the test list?

And what I mean is that we don't use chits.  We use a Impact vs. Armor
die roll adopted from SG2, with ideas cherrypicked from all of the "FMA
conversion rules" that we could find on the 'net.

Additionally, the base DS2 rules make a number of assumptions for the
weapon stats that do not fit with a lot of other backgrounds.  We
worked out a number of characteristics that can be easily tailored to
make different weapons types or variations.
E.g. DS2 lasers are long range but not powerful, while in 40K they are
the 2nd or 3rd best AT weapon, and in battletech and centurion, while
not the best they are quite good in the AT role.

Prev: (DS): Was Systems per Class Next: RE: DS3 weapons was RE: (DS): Systems per Class