Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:48:43 +0200
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Glenn Wilson wrote:

> >However, ISTR a rules clarification being handed down
> >that stated yes, infantry elements etc. Do count
> >toward the limit.
>
>Please point me towards the archives where that was stated.

Can't find the post itself (must've been sometime in 1996 or -97), but
the
relevant part of it is quoted on Andy Cowell's DS2 Q&A pages
(http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/ds2/mike/part1):

"EXAMPLE 5:  MEDIUM WHEELED APC

THIS IS A MEDIUM VEHICLE (15 CAPACITY).  IT HAS ONE MDC/1 IN A TURRET (3

CAPACITY).  THAT LEAVES TWELVE CAPACITY--ROOM FOR 3 INFANTRY TEAMS.  BUT
IT
LISTS ONLY ROOM FOR 2 INFANTRY TEAMS.  WHAT GIVES?

[other peoples' comments snipped, then Mike Elliott replies]

Example 5:  Medium Wheeled APC

There may be sufficient spare capacity for 3 teams, but you must apply
the
rule on p11 "No vehicle may be fitted with more weapon systems than its
basic size class" In this case, carried infantry teams count as weapon
systems (after all they do shoot, particularly if they've got IAVRs -
ouch!). So a size 3 vehicle with an MDC/1 (or any other weapon for that
matter) can only take 2 infantry teams.

Mike Elliott, GZG"

And yes, it means that the second example MICV design on p.12 is
illegal.

***
> >It also makes vehicles more effective in close assault actions (as
only
> >SAW/PDS weapons can fire in DSII close assaults).
>
>PDS?  Where is that in the rules?

AFAIK it isn't. *APFCs* can fire in DS2 close assaults; PDSs don't.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class