Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

RE: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: (DS): Systems per Class

1. Re-read the paragraph above the one that you
quoted, then tell me the pds doesnt count. 2. The
problem is with the rule in general, not with
hair-splitting about whether a specific system
violates it or not.
--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
<lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> You can do the slammers combat car in DSII without
breaking the rules as
> they are written.  It explicitely states that the
"free" APSW does NOT
> count towards any capacity or size limitations
issues (Page 11: ALL
> MILITARY VEHICLES ARE FITTED WITH ONE "FREE" APSW,
CAPABLE OF ALL-ROUND
> FIRE; THIS WEAPON DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS ANY WEAPONS
FIT LIMITATIONS, OR
> TAKE UP ANY CAPACITY.).  Thus, your combat car (size
2) with 3 APSWs is
> within the "2 weapons max" limit despite the third
weapon.  Further, the
> PDS is not listed as a "weapon" but rather as a
"defensive system".  E.G.,
> it doesn't count as a "weapon" because it can't be
used to attack anything.

> <shrug>
>
> I don't see the problem.
> ;)

> John K. Lerchey
> Computer and Network Security Coordinator
> Computing Services
> Carnegie Mellon University
>

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Robertson, Brendan wrote:
>
> > There are practical reasons for allowing more
SAW/PDS type weapons on the
> > designs; it lets you build a Slammers combat car
for example (size 2, 3 x
> > SAW is DSII and size 2, 3 x PIG in SGII).
> > It also makes vehicles more effective in close
assault actions (as only