Prev: Fwd: Test Next: OT: Cherryhlist is back

DSII: Summation of ideas for Engineering & Repair Vehicles

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:15:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: DSII: Summation of ideas for Engineering &amp; Repair Vehicles

--- brian.bilderback@ece.com
<brian.bilderback@ece.com> wrote:

> Based on the earlier comments on the list, as well
as a conversation I
> had with Ryan G (Who did not change my point of view
on some things, but
> definitely refined my vision on others), I have come
up with a list of
> proposed changes to the way Engineering Vehicles and
Support Vehicles
> are constructed and played.  I have not come up with
points yet, but the
> following represents a list of construction and
gameplay rules for
> engineering vehicles.
>

> 1. Excavation/digging gear: Excavation equipment
(also called an
> excavator -- this term refers to the equipment, not
the vehicle carrying
> it)
> can represent backhoe buckets, bulldozer blades,
auger drills, energy
> beams,
> or any futuristic piece of equipment used for moving
earth.	The
> description
> of the gear has no effect on its abilities in game
terms.	There are two
> kinds of excavation gear:  Diggers and Scrapers.
>

> 1a. Scrapers:  Scrapers represent Dozer blades,
front-loaders, and other
> shallow but wide excavators.
>
> Scrapers are available in classes 1-5, just like
weapons, and take up a
> capacity equal to the class of gear multiplied by 3.
 A class 1 scraper
> is capable of creating a dug-in position for one
vehicle of any class up
> to 5.  Larger scrapers can create a number of
positions equal to the
> class of scraper.  Vehicle scrapes do not provide
dug-in cover for
> infantry.
>
> *Oversized Vehicles:	A position for an oversized
vehicle requires an
> amount of work equal to two normal positions.
>

> 1b. Diggers:	Diggers represent backhoes, augers,
and other narrow but
> deep excavators.
>
> Scrapers are available in classes 1-5, just like
weapons, and take up a
> capacity equal to the class of gear multiplied by 2.
 A class 1 digger
> is capable of creating a dug-in position for one
vehicle of any class up
> to 5.  Larger diggers can create a number of
positions equal to the
> class of digger.  Only class 1 vehicles can receive
dug-in cover from
> Infantry digs.
>

> For digging in, treat foot engineer elements as
class 1 diggers.

> 2. Demolition Gear: Demolition Gear is specialized
equipment for the
> placement of explosive charges to demolish
buildings.  This can include
> short-range remote vehicles, booms and frames for
placing explosives,
> etc.	This
> does not include the explosives themselves.
Demolition Gear allows the
> demolition of buildings as per the standard DS
rules.	Demolition gear
> takes
> up 4 capacity.
>

> 2a. Excavation Gear is also useful for assisting in
the demolition of
> buildings.  Add up the class of any digger or
scraper excavation gear on
> an AEV.  For every class larger that 1 that the
excavator is, reduce the
> capacity of any demolition gear by 1 (for example,
an AEV with a class 1
> excavator would still have to pay full capacity for
demolition gear,
> while a super AEV with a class 5 excavator would not
have to use up any
> extra capacity, but would still have to pay points).
>
> 3. Mine Clearing:  Mine Clearing equipment comes in
two types:
> Mineclearers and Minesweepers.
>

> 3a. Mineclearers : Mineclearers include net charges,
gravitic
> disruptors, and any number of devices designed to
destroy entire
> minefields from a safe distance.  Mineclearers take
up 8 capacity and
> remove minefields as per DS rules.
>
> 3b. Minesweepers:  Minesweepers include rollers,
ploughs, and other
> devices used not to remove a minefield, but to clear
a specific path
> through it.  Minesweepers take up 2 capacity and use
the following rules
> for lane clearing:
>
> 4. Lane Clearing:  Lane clearing is a limited form
of mine clearing that
> clears a specific path through a minefield instead
of eliminating the
> whole
> minefield.  Use the following rules:	Lane clearing
can be performed by
> AEV's with Mineclearers, minesweepers, or diggers.
>

> 4a.  If the vehicle has a mineclearer, then the
vehicle must move across
> the minefield, and clears a lane as its combat
action.  Trace the path
> of the vehicl
=== Message Truncated ===

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail This is a multi-part message in
MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0094_01C46B46.CFA905A0

[...]

nds of excavation gear:  Diggers and Scrapers.=20=20

=20

1a. Scrapers:  Scrapers represent Dozer blades, front-loaders, and other
sh=
allow but wide excavators.

Scrapers are available in classes 1-5, just like weapons, and take up a
cap=
acity equal to the class of gear multiplied by 3.  A class 1 scraper is
cap=
able of creating a dug-in position for one vehicle of any class up to 5.
 L=
arger scrapers can create a number of positions equal to the class of
scrap=
er.  Vehicle scrapes do not provide dug-in cover for infantry.=20

*Oversized Vehicles:  A position for an oversized vehicle requires an
amoun=
t of work equal to two normal positions.=20

=20

1b. Diggers:  Diggers represent backhoes, augers, and other narrow but
deep=
 excavators.

Scrapers are available in classes 1-5, just like weapons, and take up a
cap=
acity equal to the class of gear multiplied by 2.  A class 1 digger is
[...]

's with Mineclearers, minesweepers, or diggers.=20

=20

4a.  If the vehicle has a mineclearer, then the vehicle must move across
th=
e minefield, and clears a lane as its combat action.  Trace the path of
the=
 vehicle through the field.=20=20

=20

4b. Minesweepers and scrapers may clear a path through a minefield.  The
vehicle begins its turn at one edge of the minefield, and takes no other
movement or action.  Roll for mine clearance as per normal mine clearing
rules, with the follow changes to the results:

A scraper blade has a reduced chance of success as compared to a
specialized
plow.  Roll a D6.  On a 5 or 6, a plow succeeds.  A dozer succeeds on a
6.=
=20=20

If the roll fails, the vehicle is subject to a mine attack.

=20

If the roll succeeds, the vehicle has cleared a path through the
minefield,
not the entire field.  Place the vehicle anywhere on the opposite edge
of
the field, and mark a straight line on the board from the vehicle's
beginning point to its end point.  Any vehicle moving directly along
that
line is immune to mine attacks.

=20

4c.  Any vehicle that follows this path, treating the terrain as one
level =
more difficult than normal, is not subject to an attack.  Excessive
speed (=
ignoring the
movement penalty) or straying from the path negates this safe passage
and
the vehicle is subject to a mine attack.

5.  Bridge-Laying:  A bridge takes up capacity equal to 5 x the maximum
cla=
ss of vehicle that can cross the bridge.

6. Vehicle Repair:  A vehicle repair module allows a support vehicle to
repair another vehicle on the spot, but not to move the damaged
vehicle. Repair modules come in three classes:	Basic (Capacity 2),
Enhance=
d (capacity 4), and Superior (Capacity 8).  A repair vehicle must spend
its=
 entire turn next to the damaged vehicle without taking any other
actions o=
r receiving an under fire marker in order to make repairs.  Roll a D6
for b=
asic, D8 for enhanced, and D10 for a superior repair module.  If the
roll i=
s equal to or greater than the following numbers, the vehicle is
repaired:

Damaged:  Subject vehicle's Armor Class

Immobilized:  Subject Vehicle's size Class

System Down:

-	  Basic Firecon: 2

-	  Enhanced Firecon: 3

-	  Superior Firecon: 4

7.  Vehicle Recovery:  Vehicles can now be recovered during the game.
They
can either be carried or towed.

=20

7a.  Carried: Transport Recovery vehicles come in two types:  Enclosed
carr=
iers and Open carriers.  It takes a full turn to load a damaged or
destroye=
d vehicle on either.

=20

Enclosed carriers use the standard rules for transporting smaller
vehicles.

=20

Open carriers require only capacity equal to 5 x the carried vehicle's
clas=
s.  However, they suffer the following restrictions:  Treat the carrier
and=
 its cargo as one vehicle, with a signature equal to the total
signatures o=
f both vehicles combined.  Any hit has a 50% chance of striking the
carried=
 vehicle, and any such hit results in the vehicle being destroyed.  If
it a=
lready destroyed, it is completely lost and no useful remnants remain.

=20

7b. Towing: Normally, towing a trailer or artillery piece requires no
extra
capacity.  However, since towing a disabled vehicle is a bit trickier,
use =
the following rules:

=20

It takes up half a towing vehicle's movement and its entire combat
action t=
o hook up an immobilized vehicle.  Destroyed vehicles cannot be towed.
Veh=
icles not designed for towing may tow vehicles of any class smaller than
th=
emselves, but their movement is reduced by half.

Specialized towing vehicles may tow larger vehicles, but it requires
equipm=
ent that takes up capacity equal to 3 x the class of vehicle being
towed.	=
This can be explained as the towing booms, jacks, lift pads, and general
eq=
uipment needed to prepare the disabled vehicle and pull it, as well as
beef=
ed-up suspensions,  transmissions and engines.

8. Firefighting:  Firefighting equipment takes up 2 capacity; any AEV
with
demolition or excavation gear gets firefighting as a free function.

=20

9. Demo Gun:  I designed the following rules for a Demo gun based on
commen=
ts from John A. regarding such guns. I'll assume the range has increase
a B=
IT in the future based on Binary Propellants or other cool-sounding hand
wa=
ves, but I'm very open to suggestions for modification of the ranges.
And =
so I now submit my ideas for a Demo Gun:

Demolition Breaching Gun (DBG)

The Demolition Breaching Gun (DBG) is a smooth-bored chemical propellant
gun
that fires a high explosive warhead, and is used on AEV's to demolish
buildings and breach obstacles.  In many ways, the DBG is a throwback to
an
earlier era of tank cannon, before the hyper velocities of modern MDC's
and
HKP's.	Its extremely low velocity and the advent of reactive armor
severely
hampers its effectiveness as an offensive weapon, but it is highly
effective
in the job for which it is designed, and engineers have discovered that
it
can be fired on infantry positions with frightening effect.  Because it
uses
an explosive charge and not primarily from the inertia of the
projectile,
there is almost no reduction in damage over the range of the weapon.
Furthermore, because the DBG used explosive damage, as opposed to
kinetic
energy round like MDC's, which rely on the inertia of the round to punch
hole in the target, it is more likely to damage buildings.

 Demolition Breaching Gun (DBG) 	   Close	       Medium
  =
      Long
							    Range
  =
     Range		Range
			    DBG-3		     2"
  =
 4"			6"
			    DBG-4		     4"
  =
 6"			8"
			    DBG-5		     6"
  =
 8"			10"
 Valid Damage Chit Colors (any range)
Against Buildings:  All
Against Reactive Armor: Red only
Against all other armor: Red & Yellow
Target has APFC: Yellow only
Against Infantry:  Can fire out to long range, resolve as per Artillery
rules for HEF:	DBG-3=3D1 chit; DBG-4=3D2 Chits, DBG-5=3D3 Chits.

Special Rules:
Due to their low velocity and straight flights, DBG's are less effective
against fast moving targets and are subject to being shot down.
 -	   When firing on VTOL's, GEV's, and Grav vehicles, treat the
targets signature as 1 smaller.  If the target's signature is already 1,
penalize the firers die class by 1.
 -	   DBG rounds can be engaged by ADS, and always roll a d4.
 -	   Targets with PDS may roll their PDS second die.

 If a DBG hits a building, bridge, or other structure, it only needs to
draw
chits equal to the armor of the building to destroy it.

------=_NextPart_000_0094_01C46B46.CFA905A0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><BR><FONT
face=3D"Times =
New Roman"=20
size=3D3>Based on the earlier comments on the list, as well as a
conversati=
on I=20
had with Ryan G (Who did not change my point of view on some things,
but=20
definitely refined my vision on others), I have come up with a list of
prop=
osed=20
changes to the way Engineering Vehicles and Support Vehicles are
constructe=
d and=20
played.&nbsp; I have not come up with points yet, but the following
represe=
nts a=20
list of construction and gameplay rules for engineering
vehicles.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><BR><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=
=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">1. Excavation/digging gear: Excavation
equipment (=
also=20
called an<BR>excavator -- this term refers to the equipment, not the
vehicl=
e=20
carrying it)<BR>can represent backhoe buckets, bulldozer blades, auger
dril=
ls,=20
energy beams,<BR>or any futuristic piece of equipment used for moving=20
earth.&nbsp; The description<BR>of the gear has no effect on its
abilities =
in=20
game terms.&nbsp; There are two kinds of excavation gear:<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Diggers and Scrapers.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>1a. Scrapers:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;
</SPAN>Scrap=
ers=20
represent Dozer blades, front-loaders, and other shallow but wide=20
excavators.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>Scrapers are available in classes 1-5, just like weapons, and
take=
 up a=20
capacity equal to the class of gear multiplied by 3.&nbsp; A class 1
scrape=
r is=20
capable of creating a dug-in position for one vehicle of any class up to
5.=
<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Larger scrapers can create a
numb=
er of=20
positions equal to the class of scraper.&nbsp; Vehicle scrapes do not
provi=
de=20
dug-in cover for infantry.&nbsp;</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>*Oversized Vehicles:&nbsp; A position for an oversized vehicle
req=
uires=20
an amount of work equal to two normal positions. </FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>1b. Diggers:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;
</SPAN>Digger=
s=20
represent backhoes, augers, and other narrow but deep
excavators.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>Scrapers are available in classes 1-5, just like weapons, and
take=
 up a=20
capacity equal to the class of gear multiplied by 2.&nbsp; A class 1
digger=
 is=20
capable of creating a dug-in position for one vehicle of any class up to
5.=
<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Larger diggers can create a
numbe=
r of=20
positions equal to the class of digger.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun:
yes">&n=
bsp;=20
</SPAN>Only class 1 vehicles can receive dug-in cover from Infantry=20
digs.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>For digging in, treat foot engineer elements as class 1=20
diggers.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>2. Demolition Gear: Demolition Gear is specialized equipment
for=
=20
the<BR>placement of explosive charges to demolish buildings.&nbsp; This
can=
=20
include<BR>short-range remote vehicles, booms and frames for placing
explos=
ives,=20
etc.&nbsp; This<BR>does not include the explosives themselves.&nbsp;
Demoli=
tion=20
Gear allows the<BR>demolition of buildings as per the standard DS
rules.&nb=
sp;=20
Demolition gear takes<BR>up 4 capacity.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>2a. Excavation Gear is also useful for assisting in the
demolition=
=20
of<BR>buildings.&nbsp; Add up the class of any digger or scraper
excavation=
 gear=20
on an AEV.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>For every
class l=
arger=20
that 1 that the excavator is, reduce the capacity of any demolition gear
by=
 1=20
(for example, an AEV with a class 1 excavator would still have to pay
full=
=20
capacity for demolition gear, while a super AEV with a class 5 excavator
wo=
uld=20
not have to use up any extra capacity, but would still have to pay=20
points).<BR><BR>3. Mine Clearing:&nbsp; Mine Clearing equipment comes in
tw=
o=20
types: Mineclearers and Minesweepers.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>3a. Mineclearers : Mineclearers include net charges, gravitic
disr=
uptors,=20
and any number of devices designed to destroy entire minefields from a
safe=
=20
distance.&nbsp; Mineclearers take up 8 capacity and remove minefields as
pe=
r DS=20
rules.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>3b. Minesweepers:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Minesweepers include rollers, ploughs, and other devices used not
to=
=20
remove a minefield, but to clear a specific path through it.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Minesweepers take up 2
capacity a=
nd use=20
the following rules for lane clearing:<BR><BR>4. Lane Clearing:&nbsp;
Lane=
=20
clearing is a limited form of mine clearing that<BR>clears a specific
path=
=20
through a minefield instead of eliminating the whole<BR>minefield.&nbsp;
Us=
e the=20
following rules:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Lane
cleari=
ng can=20
be performed by AEV's with Mineclearers, minesweepers, or=20
diggers.&nbsp;</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>4a.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>If the
vehicle =
has a=20
mineclearer, then the vehicle must move across the minefield, and clears
a =
lane=20
as its combat action.&nbsp; Trace the path of the vehicle through the=20
field.&nbsp; </FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">4b. Minesweepers and scrapers may clear a path
thr=
ough a=20
minefield.&nbsp; The<BR>vehicle begins its turn at one edge of the
minefiel=
d,=20
and takes no other<BR>movement or action.&nbsp; Roll for mine clearance
as =
per=20
normal mine clearing<BR>rules, with the follow changes to the
results:<BR><=
BR>A=20
scraper blade has a reduced chance of success as compared to a=20
specialized<BR>plow.&nbsp; Roll a D6.&nbsp; On a 5 or 6, a plow
succeeds.&n=
bsp;=20
A dozer succeeds on a 6.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><BR><FONT
face=3D"Times =
New Roman"=20
size=3D3>If the roll fails, the vehicle is subject to a mine
attack.</FONT>=
</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>If the roll succeeds, the vehicle has cleared a path through
the=
=20
minefield,<BR>not the entire field.&nbsp; Place the vehicle anywhere on
the=
=20
opposite edge of<BR>the field, and mark a straight line on the board
from t=
he=20
vehicle's<BR>beginning point to its end point.&nbsp; Any vehicle moving
dir=
ectly=20
along that<BR>line is immune to mine attacks.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>4c.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Any vehicle
tha=
t follows=20
this path, treating the terrain as one level more difficult than normal,
is=
 not=20
subject to an attack.&nbsp; Excessive speed (ignoring the<BR>movement
penal=
ty)=20
or straying from the path negates this safe passage and<BR>the vehicle
is=
=20
subject to a mine attack.<BR><BR>5.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun:
yes">&nbsp;=
=20
</SPAN>Bridge-Laying:&nbsp; A bridge takes up capacity equal to 5 x the
max=
imum=20
class of vehicle that can cross the bridge.<BR><BR>6. Vehicle
Repair:&nbsp;=
 A=20
vehicle repair module allows a support vehicle to<BR>repair another
vehicle=
 on=20
the spot, but not to move the damaged<BR>vehicle. Repair modules come in
th=
ree=20
classes:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Basic (Capacity
2),=
=20
Enhanced (capacity 4), and Superior (Capacity 8).<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>A repair vehicle must spend
its e=
ntire=20
turn next to the damaged vehicle without taking any other actions or
receiv=
ing=20
an under fire marker in order to make repairs.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Roll a D6 for basic, D8 for
enhan=
ced,=20
and D10 for a superior repair module.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun:
yes">&nbs=
p;=20
</SPAN>If the roll is equal to or greater than the following numbers,
the=
=20
vehicle is repaired:</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>Damaged:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Subject
ve=
hicle=92s=20
Armor Class</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>Immobilized:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;
</SPAN>Subjec=
t=20
Vehicle=92s size Class</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>System Down:</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l1
lev=
el1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .75in"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"><FONT size=3D3>-</FONT><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><FONT size=3D3>Basic Firecon: 2</FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l1
lev=
el1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .75in"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"><FONT size=3D3>-</FONT><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><FONT size=3D3>Enhanced Firecon: 3</FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l1
lev=
el1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .75in"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"><FONT size=3D3>-</FONT><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><FONT size=3D3>Superior Firecon: 4</FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><BR><FONT
face=3D"Times =
New Roman"=20
size=3D3>7.&nbsp; Vehicle Recovery:&nbsp; Vehicles can now be recovered
dur=
ing the=20
game.&nbsp; They<BR>can either be carried or towed.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>7a.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Carried:
Transp=
ort=20
Recovery vehicles come in two types:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun:
yes">&nbsp=
;=20
</SPAN>Enclosed carriers and Open carriers.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>It takes a full turn to load a
da=
maged=20
or destroyed vehicle on either.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>Enclosed carriers use the standard rules for transporting
smaller=
=20
vehicles.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>Open carriers require only capacity equal to 5 x the carried
vehic=
le=92s=20
class.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>However, they
suffer =
the=20
following restrictions:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;
</SPAN>Trea=
t the=20
carrier and its cargo as one vehicle, with a signature equal to the
total=
=20
signatures of both vehicles combined.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun:
yes">&nbs=
p;=20
</SPAN>Any hit has a 50% chance of striking the carried vehicle, and any
su=
ch=20
hit results in the vehicle being destroyed.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>If it already destroyed, it
is=20
completely lost and no useful remnants remain.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>7b. Towing: Normally, towing a trailer or artillery piece
requires=
 no=20
extra<BR>capacity.&nbsp; However, since towing a disabled vehicle is a
bit=
=20
trickier, use the following rules:</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times
New =
Roman"=20
size=3D3>It takes up half a towing vehicle=92s movement and its entire
comb=
at action=20
to hook up an immobilized vehicle. <SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>Destroyed vehicles cannot be
towed=
.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Vehicles not designed for
towing =
may tow=20
vehicles of any class smaller than themselves, but their movement is
reduce=
d by=20
half.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><BR><FONT
face=3D"Times =
New Roman"=20
size=3D3>Specialized towing vehicles may tow larger vehicles, but it
requir=
es=20
equipment that takes up capacity equal to 3 x the class of vehicle
being=20
towed.&nbsp; This can be explained as the towing booms, jacks, lift
pads, a=
nd=20
general equipment needed to prepare the disabled vehicle and pull it, as
we=
ll as=20
beefed-up suspensions,<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>transmissions and engines.<BR><BR>8. Firefighting:&nbsp;
Firefightin=
g=20
equipment takes up 2 capacity; any AEV with<BR>demolition or excavation
gea=
r=20
gets firefighting as a free function.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman';
mso-fareast-font-=
family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;
mso-fareast-language: =
EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">9.=20
Demo Gun:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I designed the
fol=
lowing=20
rules for a Demo gun based on comments from John A. regarding such guns.
I'=
ll=20
assume the range has increase a BIT in the future based on Binary
Propellan=
ts or=20
other cool-sounding hand waves, but I=92m very open to suggestions
for=20
modification of the ranges.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;
</SPAN>=
And so=20
I now submit my ideas for a Demo Gun:<BR><BR>Demolition Breaching Gun=20
(DBG)<BR><BR>The Demolition Breaching Gun (DBG) is a smooth-bored
chemical=
=20
propellant gun<BR>that fires a high explosive warhead, and is used on
AEV's=
 to=20
demolish<BR>buildings and breach obstacles.&nbsp; In many ways, the DBG
is =
a=20
throwback to an<BR>earlier era of tank cannon, before the hyper
velocities =
of=20
modern MDC's and<BR>HKP's.&nbsp; Its extremely low velocity and the
advent =
of=20
reactive armor severely<BR>hampers its effectiveness as an offensive
weapon=
, but=20
it is highly effective<BR>in the job for which it is designed, and
engineer=
s=20
have discovered that it<BR>can be fired on infantry positions with
frighten=
ing=20
effect.&nbsp; Because it uses<BR>an explosive charge and not primarily
from=
 the=20
inertia of the projectile,<BR>there is almost no reduction in damage
over t=
he=20
range of the weapon.<BR>Furthermore, because the DBG used explosive
damage,=
 as=20
opposed to kinetic<BR>energy round like MDC's, which rely on the inertia
of=
 the=20
round to punch a<BR>hole in the target, it is more likely to damage=20
buildings.<BR><BR>&nbsp;Demolition Breaching Gun (DBG)<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Close&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Medium<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Long<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<SPAN style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Range<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Range&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Range<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n
bsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
DBG-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&
nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
2"<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
=20
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>4"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
6"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
DBG-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&
nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
4"<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
=20
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>6"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
8"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
DBG-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&
nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
6"<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
=20
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count:
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>8"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
10"<BR>&nbsp;Valid Damage Chit Colors (any range)<BR>Against
Buildings:&nbs=
p;=20
All<BR>Against Reactive Armor: Red only<BR>Against all other armor: Red
&am=
p;=20
Yellow<BR>Target has APFC: Yellow only<BR>Against Infantry:&nbsp; Can
fire =
out=20
to long range, resolve as per Artillery<BR>rules for HEF:&nbsp;
DBG-3=3D1 c=
hit;=20
DBG-4=3D2 Chits, DBG-5=3D3 Chits.<BR><BR>Special Rules:<BR>Due to their
low=
 velocity=20
and straight flights, DBG's are less effective<BR>against fast moving
targe=
ts=20
and are subject to being shot=20
down.<BR>&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When
firin=
g on=20
VTOL's, GEV's, and Grav vehicles, treat the<BR>targets signature as 1=20
smaller.&nbsp; If the target's signature is already 1,<BR>penalize the
fire=
rs=20
die class by
1.<BR>&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
DBG=20
rounds can be engaged by ADS, and always roll a=20
d4.<BR>&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Targets
with=
 PDS=20
may roll their PDS second die.<BR><BR>&nbsp;If a DBG hits a building,
bridg=
e, or=20
other structure, it only needs to draw<BR>chits equal to the armor of
the=
=20
building to destroy it.<BR style=3D"mso-special-character:
line-break"><BR=
=20
style=3D"mso-special-character:
line-break"></SPAN></FONT></DIV></BODY></HT=