Prev: Re: Phalons in scale sizes? Next: Re: SG-1 in SG2

Re: [Dirtside_2_Players_Guild] Alien armies

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 03:37:46 PDT
Subject: Re: [Dirtside_2_Players_Guild] Alien armies

After a further revision last month I am planning to use my Alternative
Armies 15 mm in Stargrunt 2 (and eventually perhaps the 6 mm ones for
Dirtside 2) as humanoid aliens with light PA equivalent protection for
(non-PA) troops - currently they are representing the LLAR in my DS 2
forces until I get some  more GZG figures (hoping for a summer sale and
have saved up $130 for a mass buy.  NI in 6/15/25 for NPC (non-canon,)
IF to sub for IC in 6/15, more NAC for LLAR, and maybe FSE to sub for
NEA
(non-canon) with OOP current figures to move to non-canon PHR.	(I have
small number of  25/28 Stan Johansen figures for SG 2 but there are no 6
mm equivalents.)

SOMEDAY I do want some ** non-humanoid ** aliens for DS 2 and Germy's
bugs are leading contenders for that role.  The problem I see is that
getting a 'alien' flavor to DS 2 is harder for me then SG 2.  I have
considered something like significantly smaller forces (double or more
points cost) using advanced Blaster (a la pre-GW Space Marines)
technology with HEL range and HKP/MDC hit chits and DFFG damage effects
using three 2 man Fire Teams for infantry but the combined arms aspect
is
harder to make reflect 'alien' thinking that satisfies me.

I think you first need to design the aliens then the forces and I have
spent 99% of my effort in coming up with seven human forces to fight
over
the scraps of my two planet system semi-canon back-water section of a
space game setting.

AND of course I have not given up the Mice in Space thing! <grin>

Gracias,
Glenn

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:32:33 -0000 "John Hunter"
<hunter_1_32095@yahoo.com> writes:

8451210c752d2d406140110c004d0000650180c029a919ad74bdbd29ada051e19075f029
00740c25597111690c7595d5d0ddd4d4c4d1c484d044c544

>Anybody out there have alien armies for DS2?  And if so, what kind of
>aliens?

>    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Phalons in scale sizes? Next: Re: SG-1 in SG2