Prev: Re: [DS] Getting back to the game RE: Engineers Next: RE: More Monster was: Brigade Mech?

Re: [FT] New QAD mini

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:54:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] New QAD mini

Beast - I'm tending to agree with you about the domes. I'm actually
toying with the idea of black, but that may be too dark to be distinct.
Gold or copper is a good candidate,

I have thought of stripes/chevrons. The chevron is a part of my NI
military insignia. The challenge will be making them small yet distinct
enough to go with the various hull features.

Laserlight - I did hebrew letters on my Brigade NI fleet and it worked
up to a point. Apparently some days I have a steadier hand than others.
It's more problematic on the smaller minis. Even if I don't put a
letter on the hull, I'll probably put one on the base.

Robin- The starmat I got from GeoHex when it was still around. Starmats
are available from different places, I think. You might want to check
the GZG East Coast Convention web pages and the vendors listed there
for the past cons:

http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/gzgecc/

I have not tried the X-pod game, and now the kids' lego robots have
been absorbed into the ever-growing lego reservoir. I'll look it up at
some point, though.

---

      "Professor Goddard does not know the relation between action and
reaction and the need to have something better than a vacuum against
which to react. He seems to lack the basic knowledge ladled out daily
in high schools."
	  -- 1921 New York Times editorial about Robert Goddard's
revolutionary rocket work

Prev: Re: [DS] Getting back to the game RE: Engineers Next: RE: More Monster was: Brigade Mech?