Prev: I'm back Next: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE

Re: I'm back

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 09:22:32 -0500
Subject: Re: I'm back

>Did anyone post anything about warfare on/under/over water/sea in the
>Tuffleyverse?

I vaguely recall a short thread about undersea operations; nothing
detailed
in my recollection. Some comments about transparency of ocean water to
'new' tech, and how Traveller still used oceans as places to hide system
defense boats.

Also, there have been some conversions of FT to undersea warfare.

>Anything special happen on list while I was incommunicado?

Recently, a good time for gropos: long thread on engineers, with shorter
ones on other TOE's. Just, don't ask about [SG] Bananas-with-pajamas...

Be sure to check the archives on the various alternate FT cloaking
schemes.

Small flack about some humor during exchange of best wishes for Canada
Day
and the 4th; good feelings won. Jon announced he had a few DLD pieces
available for purchase in the UK, though I'm doubting they'll last
through
the con he's taking them to, so no real news for those of us on this
side
of pond. Maybe he'll take your hint. ;->=

Welcome back; if the Alzheimer's connection gets depressing, know ye are
not alone.

My biggest problem is listening to complaints about forgetfulness, and,
being the flake I am, not able to tell if it's normal or really a
problem
loss. Mom's STILL generally more competent than I.

The_Beast

Prev: I'm back Next: RE: Engineers Was Re: TOE