Prev: Re: [SG] Armed bananas Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2070

Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:37:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Demolitions are performed with a carrot or
> explosives frame placed
> against the structure to be blown.

???

WTF?  Someone please explain how a vehicle-mounted
system will do THIS?

> One could postulate a smaller MICLC system with out
> the need for a
> larger trailer if you have a stronger explosive.
> Fuel Air explosion
> over the field sufficient to crush the mines?

Nah, that's merely overpressure--MICLIC is obsolete
itself.  Check the new Mongoose net charge--net with
multiple charges in a pattern.	Mere overpressure can
be dealt with with baffles.

> Assuming 1/300 figs:
> Size 3 AEV Tracked
> Recovery Vehicle Package
> Can recover/repair an equivalent sized or smaller
> vehicle.
> And dig emplacements

WTF?  The M-88 does NOT have earth-moving capacity.
That spade is for stabilization when lifting heavy
objects with the boom, not digging holes.  It can't do
that.

> CUCV? Civilain Utility Commercial Vehicle? A bit

Yup.

> small for a lot of
> the kit, but good for a basic mechanic and his tools
> for moderate

Sure--if it's something that can be fixed with bit of
wrench-turning and some handy spare parts.  Which most
things can be.

But then again, I'm not terribly familliar with BDAR
techniques.

John

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: [SG] Armed bananas Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2070