Prev: Re: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature) Next: RE: [FT] Simple cloaking system proposal

Re: [FT] Simple cloaking system proposal

From: matt tope <mptope@o...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:46:30 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Simple cloaking system proposal

 Grant wrote:

>Hmm, interesting.  Basically, it's a "super" shield that you can't fire

 >through.  Initially I'd be concerned that it would make it too easy
for these
 >ships to maneuver under the cloak into a perfect firing position and
then
 >drop the cloak and whack the opponent.  A cloak+wave motion gun combo
would be
 >devastating.

I see your point there...

>Some possibilities:

	>Make the cloak *very* energy intensive.  The cloaked ship can
only use
	>half it's current thrust when cloaked.

Hm, not a bad suggestion at all. Adds a little tactical inflexibility
that would make
players a little more cautious in using the cloak. Actually, that idea
is growing on me,
nice balancing mechinism, and simple at that.

	>Allow missiles/salvo missiles/amt's to attack it normally.
Apply the
	>-3 to the die roll to see how many missiles go in from each
salvo.
	>Subtract one "range band" from the AMT's that attack.	Cut any
heavy
	>missile damage in half.  These would all represent the
explosions being
	>nearby to the ship, but not actually *on* it (as well as the
damping
	>effect of the cloak).

Cool, that all seem's straight forward enough.

Cheers Grant, some good suggestions there!

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature) Next: RE: [FT] Simple cloaking system proposal