Prev: Re: Wildly Off-Topic Next: TTFN

Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:38:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> John Atkinson wrote:
>
> > Where's troop headquarters?
>
> Good point.  What would you suggest, in game terms?

Offhand, 2 armored vehicles of same type as the unit,
1 APC fitted out as an ambulance, and as an
independant vehicle, a forward observer (so you don't
have to waste a unit's activation calling for fire).
The last can be omitted in the scout company where
everyone can call fire.

> the main garrison force on smaller colonies.	In the

Oooh, in that one it is easy to fix.  Add a troop of.
. . err. . . Mounted Rifles.  Light APC/IFVs with
(non-PA?) infantry.

> Maybe a whole Pioneer troop?

For cavalry, overkill.	If it were a main force
maneuver BN, I would suggest it.

> As for the VTOL's, that's where I'm most open to
> suggestions.	The high number of GMS is designed to
> flood ZADS.

If there's that many ZADs, then you have to do
something.  I hadn't thought about that.  My opponents
don't usually field more than a couple ZADs.

John

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: Wildly Off-Topic Next: TTFN