Prev: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces Next: Re: Wildly Off-Topic

RE: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:53:50 +1000
Subject: RE: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

G'day,

> I've come up with something that I think would make command
> elements, at the company level and force level more
> interesting and more valuable.
>
> If you're so inclined, please take a look at:
>
> <http://okapi.andrew.cmu.edu/lerchey/www/DSII/command.html>
>
> I haven't play tested it yet, but as soon as my gaming group
> is available again I plan to. :)

I like it in principle and have only skimmed it so far, but one comment

"Commanders may, through force of will and training, lead their units to
perform above and beyond the expected norm. This is accomplished by the
Command element (Company or Force) having "command chits". Command chits
are assigned based on the Leadership Rating of the command element.
E.g., a (Green-1/Blue-1/Orange-1) command element gets 1 command chit. A
(Green-2/Blue-2/Orange-2) command element gets 2 command chits. A
(Green-3/Blue-3/Orange-3) command element gets 3 command chits.

Command chits may be used to attempt to give a unit in the direct chain
of command down an extra action. "

Doesn't this mean the worst leaders (grade 3) get the most chances to
pull something out of the hat? Or was this done on purpose to counteract
their greater chance of failure on each attempt?

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces Next: Re: Wildly Off-Topic