Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: Re: UNSC Ship Names

FT: pseudo game report vs Steve

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 03:28:45 -0400
Subject: FT: pseudo game report vs Steve

You're all probably tired of my rantings about my
main opponent, Steve, and his WW2-era styled
ships.	Well, this is my last post on the subject
(for awhile anyway ;) ), and it's not even a rant.
:)  Steve returned home, but may be back in a two
weeks.

Also, I can add another finger to the hand that
counts my wins vs.  Steve in 1-on-1, or nearly so,
battles.  I had a little help, as one guy took one
of my newer designs, which was only about 25% of
the total fleet (577 of 2000 points-per-side
battle).  That ship's design will follow at the
end.

The end game results is why I'm posting this.  In
a series of salvoes at close range Steve lost one
of his two battleships while the other one was
savagely beaten.  My friend's ship was destroyed
and a couple of mine were damaged.  Steve's 4
fighter groups were destroyed (I got lucky in one
turn with my PDS and killed 8 fighters) so his CV
went FTL while his FTL-damaged wreck of a
battleship ran off.  Steve's speed was about 14
while my ship's speeds were poking along at 5 to
make a tight turn after that initial pass.  A few
more long range shots from me got his ship down to
1 hull when Steve's ship pulled out of range (36",
I had a couple class-3 beams).	We played out
another 5-7 turns, him accelerating at 2 and mine
accelerating at 4 and finally I got back within
range to hit that last hull box before the FTL
could be fixed (Steve couldn't roll that 6).

Ah, such a sweet victory.  :)

The design of the ship,
made to fight Steve's ships:

mass: 150, cost: 577
FTL, MD 3 (advanced)
hull: 32 (3-row: 11-11-10), 12 armor
4 FC, 4 PDS
10 pulse torpedo launchers (FH arc: FS+F+FP)

note: only thrust 3 ship of the battle fleet,
others had MD 4 (advanced)

Glen
Glen

Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: Re: UNSC Ship Names