Prev: UNSC Ship Names Next: RE: UNSC Ship Names

Re: UNSC Ship Names

From: Lachlan Atcliffe <u1m87@k...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:44:00 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC Ship Names

Grant A. Ladue wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>    So, as I'm assembling a UNSC fleet, I find that I need ship names.
Any
>  suggestions people can provide for the following classes would be
>  appreciated.
>

>	Hermes class Diplomatic Couriers

Sounds like Greek gods/heroes, or personas/concepts linked to speed -
Heck, be silly and have a Speedy Gonzales or Flash, with appropriate
noseart.

>	Warrior class Battle Corvettes

Military commanders - Nelson, Grant, Alexander - or mythological heroes
- Gilgamesh, Hercules, etc

>	Lawkeeper class Patrol Cruisers

Defensive or Legalesque names - Warden, Shield, Buckler, etc

>	Hunter class Frigates

Mythological hunters/predatory animals?

>	Bay class Escort Cruisers

Harbours and Bays - raid your local globe!

>	Storm class Strike Cruisers

Easiest of the lot - start with meterology (Hurricane, Typhoon,
Tempest), and move into winds (El Nino, Mistral).

>	Point class Battle Cruisers

Once again, raid your local globe.

>	Comet class Escort Carriers

Halley, Shumaker-Levy, etc - or make some up, as famous comets from
other systems!

- Lachlan Atcliffe

Prev: UNSC Ship Names Next: RE: UNSC Ship Names