Prev: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside Next: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:17:38 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

Yeah, that's a good point, and well, it would mean that I would not have

to do any conversions. :)  I'll consider leaving them as-is unless I
have
a little brain storm that screams "Do this!  It's easy!" :)

Thanks,

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Grant A. Ladue wrote:

>> Grant,
>>
>> Yes, I agree with your logic, but IMHO, it makes for a sucky looking
>> transport. :)  They look like hover trucks, and not APCs.  If I can
manage
>> to put a covered box on the back, I think that I can justify the "A"
in
>> APC.

>    Ah, well you can just change "armored" to "armed" and they work
quite nice
>  as is!  :-)
>    I dunno, they appealed to my sense of how the infantry would work
with an
>  all GEV force.  The foot infantry stick with the tracks and regular
APC's,
>  and the PA ride in open top GEV's for max mobility and egress.  I
don't
>  remember all the particular's, but I do remember that I was going to
give the
>  PA more options for fire and getting on and off, and that they were
not going
>  to get any top cover from artillery fire.  I thought it balanced
fine.

>   grant

>>>   I was adapting my Ogre stuff to DS II as well, and I was thinking
of arguing
>>> that the open backed GEV-PC's were special designed for PA troops.
PA troops
>>> could fire without modifier from the back of the APC as long as it
didn't move
>>> to fast, and they could dismount and move easier from the open back.
 When you