Prev: Re: Liquidating my FT stuff, get it while it's cheap Next: Re: (FT) beta variable hull rows

Re: I give up

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:52:10 +0100
Subject: Re: I give up

On 12 Jun 2004, at 05:24, <bail9672@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> You want to know how Steve rolls?  In a game tonight,
> he rolled 12 "beam" dice (pulsers).  One die was a 3,
> the rest were 4+ against an unscreened target.
> Then he did it again on a later turn.  He did have a
> few not-so-good rolls, but nothing to offset those
> particular two salvoes.

Dice rolling is a pain ;-/

Neil McGurk demonstrated this when we played out the 80 ship battle we
had some weeks ago at TravellerCon.

His side failed to win initiative and had a problem with rolling
anything above 4 on a D6....

I think he fired 7 spinal mounts with a 66%+ chance to hit and only
managed to land 3, of which only 2 penetrated defenses...

Ouch...

Dom
-----------Dom Mooney---cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
"We tell the tales of heroes to remind ourselves that we too
can be great" - John Wick, 7th Sea
http://www.dom.mooney.dsl.pipex.com/  http://www.bits.org.uk/

Prev: Re: Liquidating my FT stuff, get it while it's cheap Next: Re: (FT) beta variable hull rows