Prev: Re: Tech interactions was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: [FT] Shifting alliances and changing POV's was: RE: (FT) I give, Steve wins

Re: (FT) beta variable hull rows

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:16:31 -0400
Subject: Re: (FT) beta variable hull rows

>Excuse the pun, but we're not playing in a vacuum here.  We're not
playing with 3 or 4 hull ships, we're playing with 30-60 hull ships.

But it's easier to see the costs with 1-box-per-row, and you just
multiply
after that.

>Some more grumblings from me:
>How can you say this?	The 3-row hull ship will have the same number
of hull boxes as the 4-row hull ship

That's not what OO said. He was saying that a 4-row x 5-box (total 20)
is
not easier to destroy than a 3-row x 5-box (total 15). What you have in
mind is that a 15/4 ship is easier than a 15/3.  Both of you are right.

However, if you increase the cost of 3-row the way you want, you will
find
that a 20/4-box ship is cheaper than a 15/3 ship, which implies that the
fourth row is a liability.  Granted, the fourth row isn't worth *much*,
but
it isn't negative.

http://mail2web.com/ .