Prev: Tech/vehicle size was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: RE: Mixed Tech forces was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

Re: Tech/vehicle size was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:41:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Tech/vehicle size was Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

--- warbeads@juno.com wrote:

> PHR have mostly 4 or 3 with sizes ranging from 1 to
> 5.  Standardization
> is 'a goal'.

I really dislike standardization.  Trying to
consolidate too many roles on an all-singing,
all-dancing single vehicle ends up with compromises
like the Bradley which not completely awful at
anything, but not really good at anything either.

> NPC run mostly size 4 to allow the organic infantry
> in many of their
> vehicles.
>	Fair numbers  of Infantry Walkers too.

Size 4 is just too expensive per hull.	I have 1-2 BNs
of those per first-line division, and 1 company per
second-line division.

> NEA mostly 1/2 or 5 (PA transporters with MDC/5. )

WTF?  Why would you want to stick that much
money/points in one hull?  You want it to do
everything?  You can't fit a decent PDS on it, and you
can't afford to stealth it at all. . . And at a
minimum, no bells and whistles, it is running about
the same as my size 3 medium grav tanks with stealth,
basic PDS, maxed out firecon and ECM, and APFCs.  Oh,
and an MDC/4 which is almost certain to punch size 5
armor.

John

Friends.  Fun.	Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger.
http://messenger.yahoo.com/